Sunday, November 23, 2008

What's in a Name?

We visited the Point Reyes National Seashore today to do a little research on Claire's Native American Indian report for school. She is researching the Coastal Miwok Indian tribe.














It was a long ride and during the trip, Joe decided that he wants to change his name. He brought it up by asking, "Mom, can you rename me?"

"No," I said.

He persisted.

I replied, "Well, that depends on what you want for your new name."

"I want to be called Bob," he said.

"Bob. How about Joey Bob?"

"No, Just Bob."

Of course, Claire recommends Bobby Joe. But, Joe is convinced that Bob, Bob Burns has a nice ring to it.

For some reason, I'm just not completely convinced. Maybe it will grow on me!


5 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

Great day trip guys!~
THANKS FOR SHARING!
ALEXOXO

Unknown said...

Please tell Bob that we LOVE his choice! Love the pics and we are also enjoying this glorious weather!

Leah said...

I like Bob Burns too! I think it's an important stage when they want to change their names for a while... like the costume phase ... the star wars phase etc .... Also, "Bob" is better than "Cindy".

alexandra s.m. said...

Hey, you haven't told us what you were growing?!
alexox

timbob said...

you can call him joe, you can call him joe-bob, you can call him bobby-joe; you can't call him boring! I love "bob", I will forever be timbob as far as he is concerned from here on out! I love the way your yard looks! Looks like JOEBOB is quite the farmer! Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for cheering me up by allowing me into the Burns-Bob Blog. TimBob P.S. I LOVE Pt. Reyes, I hope you guys walked the earthquake trail too!