Sunday, December 14, 2008

Apology Accepted

My darling brother, Mark, left me a message the other day apologizing for a childhood mishap. His daughter, Gabrielle, will soon be taking the test for her driving permit. This milestone encouraged him to reflect on his own experience while obtaining his driving permit. Mark did not perform too well during his driving test. He failed.

Apparently, Mark decided that he could not take responsibility for this failure. He decided that the fault should be placed on a second party....ME! Luckily, I do not have any recollection of this finger pointing scenario and I do accept my brother's belated apology. Quite frequently, I see history repeating itself in my own household as the older child is constantly blaming the younger for her failures.

Interesting. Maybe there is a genetic connection. I'm wondering if Claire will be placing a call to Joey in about 30 odd years to apologize for her misguided blame? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

2 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

hahaha!thank you for making me laugh ali!
alexox

Megan Jenks said...

Thats hysterical!