Monday, October 19, 2009

20 Years Ago

In October of 1989, I moved to San Francisco and started a new job with MCI Telecommunications. I worked in the above pictured building on the 6th floor. The view from my cubicle was of the Bay Bridge, pictured below.
I started my new job on October 17, 1989. At approximately 5:04 p.m. as I was packing my things to head home, the building made a big jump and then started swaying dramatically back and forth. As the building jumped and rocked back and forth, I stood in a door jam and stared out the window at the Bay Bridge. The experience was quite breathtaking, both physically and visually.
I wasn't quite sure if this was a common occurrence and if it was, I certainly wasn't sure if I would be staying around to experience another. Once the shaking stopped, I learned that this was something very out of the ordinary. Something that doesn't occur regularly and hopefully won't happen anytime soon with the same magnetism. At any rate, I'm scratching my head now wondering how 20 years has slipped by!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

alexandra s.m. said...

wow, 20 years ago?...
Great Post Sissy!
Thanks for sharing ;-)
xox